Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

I love making a whole night of wrapping presents. I save them all for a night or two before Christmas then sit down after the kids go to bed with some tea or wine, turn on a Christmas movie and have my fun.

This year I did it a little different, I didn't turn on a Christmas movie. I was flipping through the channels and found I Am Legend. What a fucked up movie to watch while wrapping presents. It took me three times as long as it should have because I mostly sat there with my hands clasped looking like a deer in headlights or my mouth hanging open wondering what the hell I was watching. My tea went cold 4 times and I never actually made it to the bottom of the cup.

I'm always giddy waiting for Christmas day. The excitement has never worn off. I have always loved giving presents to everyone and especially now that I get to watch my own kids get excited for Christmas and see the light in their eyes opening presents.

Olivia is so excited she can hardly say "Santa" She either whispers it or yells it. Alex has a paper chain he's been keeping track of how close Christmas is by removing one chain a day. Today we'll keep track of Santa on Norad Santa Tracking and make cinnamon rolls for breakfast tomorrow morning. I love it so much it makes me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment