Thursday, August 20, 2009

NyQuil blackout

Dave pokes me and says "Hey you wanna get busy later?"

"Um sure but I'm still kinda feeling like shit so I better go hunt through the medicine cabinet and find something that will get rid of the sludge in my head. Oh and the new season of Top Chef starts tonight so you'll have to wait until that's over." I'm all about the romance.

DayQuil and NyQuil are my only options. DayQuil gives me the shakes so I grab the NyQuil and convince myself I can shake off the drowsy feelings.

20 minutes later I can feel the pressure in my head lifting.

Another 5 minutes and I'm knocked out cold on the couch. Apparently Dave let me sleep on the couch for a couple of hours, woke me up and told me who won Top Chef Masters, I brushed my teeth and climbed into bed.

I have absolutely no recollection of anything past the Quickfire Challenge and this morning it feels like I got a donkey kick to the head.

Fucking NyQuil hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment